Salesforce and its multiple clouds offer technology solutions that span nearly every industry and sector. Companies dedicated to manufacturing or manufacturing of products are also favored with these tools. Occasionally, a cloud comes onto the scene that manages to properly mesh all the departments involved in the product manufacturing process. Meet the Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud!
What is Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud?
Manufacturing Cloud is a Salesforce solution designed for manufacturing companies, especially in the discrete sector. This technology manages to integrate all the processes of the production chain, from the planning itself for the purchase of raw materials, going through production, sales, marketing, finance, and all the way to the final distribution of the merchandise. Likewise, it facilitates a production planning process in accordance with customer demands and making forecasts based on needs.
Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud efficiently manages customer relationships, sales, and operations, all from one place. Additionally, it manages business processes in real time, facilitating the optimization of the decision-making process. This also contributes to proper business management, balancing supply and demand with the fluidity of the supply chain. The latter is especially important in times where events of a different nature threaten the stability of said chain and all this avoids the accumulation of products or their shortages. Can you imagine how much money is at stake?
The effective integration that this cloud achieves between all the areas involved in production has an impact even beyond the production process itself. Having a complete vision, it is possible to draw on reliable information to trace routes that lead to business growth. Predicting any need for inventory in a timely manner, as well as anticipating possible changes of all kinds, makes it possible to better deal with market fluctuations. In a broad sense, the optimization of communication between the different departments of the company manages to directly affect the efficiency and optimization of performance.
Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud capabilities
Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud has built-in features that are useful for discrete production manufacturing companies. The most notable among these are:
- Overview of each client: As a specialized cloud of a CRM, it gives you a complete vision of each client. This makes it easier for you to direct better, more specific projections at them.
- Forecasts: This functionality allows you to forecast business opportunities for your company. Using Formula Builder, you can completely customize the forecast for your organization. Knowing the forecast of what each area can produce and sell, you can plan ahead to meet the projections. The possibility of making updates in real time also allows you to quickly adjust the forecasts.
- Inventory planning and management of the complete sales cycle: The platform allows you to view the data regarding inventories, with which you can analyze the real values concerning the volume of orders and compare them with the projected production level. It is also possible to customize the metrics of the company’s manufacturing process. Access to the real behavior of the sales cycle allows timely adjustment actions to be taken.
- Visualization of agreements: Administrative management benefits from this functionality since, having access to all the terms of each contract, it is possible to monitor what is planned with respect to what is real, and adjust accordingly.
- Integration with other platforms: This cloud integrates with external databases. If you need to do a data migration, you can check here some of the tools that Salesforce puts at your disposal.
Benefits of Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud
Undoubtedly, this solution favors discrete production manufacturing companies and provides them with a tool that promotes them in the business management process. Some of the benefits that could be highlighted from Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud are:
- Establishes efficient communication between all departments of the manufacturing company.
- Integrates the information from each of the stages of the production chain and keeps the status of each link updated.
- Allows forecasts to be made and adjusted according to real time data.
- Optimizes the decision-making process that has a direct impact on your company’s manufacturing activity.
- Allows the management of production and business processes from the same site.
- Allows for efficient management in the acquisition and entry programming of raw materials.
- Helps coordinate actions with suppliers and distributors, achieving an efficient supply chain.
- Issues reports of various types which can be very useful for the company.
Has the existence of Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud caught your attention? Do you work in the discrete manufacturing industry and wonder if this solution is right for your organization? If you want to know a little more, the SkyPlanner team can provide you with the guidance and support you need. You can write to us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.